Advocacy for M.S. in Western Greece
The project “Advocacy for Multiple Sclerosis in Western Greece“, implemented by the Public Benefit Association for the Care and Relief of Aged and Disabled named “FRONTIZO” with the Greek Association for the Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis in Western Hellas (GUTS).
The aim of the project is to implement targeted actions in different regions of Western Greece in order:
- to safeguard the rights of patients with multiple sclerosis and particularly of those who are in a productive age,
- to act as an intermatiate carier to organizations of Western Grrece to ensure cooperation in order to support people with MS,
- to create public awareness of the community on issues relating to the disease of MS and those who live and have to cope with it.
Main activity of the project is the creation of the “Office of Advocacy for Treatment of patients with MS,” is sited in the offices of GUTS (Square of Labour Housing, by New Nat. Road Patras-Athens, apt. 2, Patras-Greece) and staffed by mental health professional with experience in MS.
The role of EEASKP is very important for the project since it will contribute:
- In the mediation for finding the target group of the project consisted by people with MS and theri families and create a registry of those beneficiaries,
- in organizing and communicating members for operating self-helping groups in the main cities of Western Greece (Patras, Pyrgos, Agrinio),
- in operating an office within the offices of GUTS in Patras-Greece,
- in the dissemination of project results as well to raise public awareness on the subjects such as the needs and problems of people with Multiple Sclerosis.
For further information, please call at +302610422655 or e-mail us at email@example.com
Office Working Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Find the Advocacy Office for MS on Facebook by clicking here.
The construction of this website is part of the project "Advocacy for MS in Western Greece", funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway as part of the "We are all Citizens", programme, which is part of the overal Financial Mechanism of the EEA Greece, known as EEA Grants. Grant Manager of the Programme is the Bodossaki Foundation.